Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A few months? Gah

Okay, so it's been a few months since my last post. That's what I get for thinking I can get away with a regular blog! Oh well. Moving house/new job/etc does that to you. On with the fun stuff.

So quick update! I've looked very closely at getting some 13th century Templar kit - which is a bit of an investment, both mentally and financially. I need to be very strict with it, seeing as they were the strictest order at the time. So, as I'm not going to be representing a knight, I can't wear white overgarments. Period. So, sergeant it is - brown, black and that's about it. So I need a brown mantle (cloaky-surcoat thing) with a red cross over my left breast, I need to dye my gambeson brown as well. I'll need to recolour my helmet so that it's black or brown (or both), and I may need to borrow some maille for public events. Aside from that, I'm pretty much set.. although I still don't have a heater shield. I'll need to do something about that.

Okay, so - photos later on tonight after we've finished with the house! Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. And you thought that the gap before this post was long...

    ReplyDelete