Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wishlist

Well I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that I have all these shiny new things that I want and they're awesome (insert excited hand-waving here). The bad news is that it's pretty expensive and there's a lot of work involved. Still, I have a year to work on the worst bits.

So, these shiny new things. Let's start off with the basics - it's all reenactment stuff. I really don't need much else to be honest. The first lot is 13th Century French gear - focused on being a peasant at the moment, but later on moving on to foot soldier/man at arms equipment. SO! The list for this.

1) Pitchfork. Can't be a peasant without one of these!
2) Eating knife. Can't EAT without one of these.
3) Leather pouch. Always handy, and I can hide my phone in it. I mean, uh.. peasanty things. Seeds and such.
4) .. that's about it really. OH WAIT!
5) Flail. Yup, big and thwocky, just like they're meant to be. Fairly easy to make as well.

The second lot of shiny new things comes from an invitation sent my way by two groups of people (thanks guys!) for the 2500 year anniversary of the Battle of Marathon. It's being held in Melbourne next year and they need a LOT of Greeks and Persians. Well, it turns out that every man and his dog is going to be Greek, so I'm volunteering as a Persian, along with a couple of others. Which means I'll be on the losing side, but I get to wear BRIGHT COLOURS! Whee, twirling on the battlefield!
Anyway, wishlist.

1) Clothes. I wouldn't be much of a Persian without wearing ridiculous amounts of brightly coloured (and clashing) clothing.
2) Spear. Wait, I don't need that one, I have one. Scratch that!
3) Leather shield. This'll be expensive, methinks. It'll take a few layers of leather to do it, and I won't go into detail here. But I'm probably looking at around $300 to sort that one out. At least I'll have help!

Okay, so that's the post for today. Once I figure out how to add pictures, I'll do so. Then you might have an idea of what I'm on about.

Luke

1 comment: