Monday, August 23, 2010

Correctness

Okay, another rant for you lot.

Hands up if you know people who are always right. Anybody? Excellent, we all know a few. Now do they often insist on their correctness regardless of all evidence to the contrary?

Yeah, thought so. Unfortunately my life is filled with these people. I'm quite happy to argue for my opinion, I'm happy for others to do the same. When it comes to evidence based goodies though, I've got to say that many people I know are sadly lacking. I was reminded of this last week when I was informed of a few things that I knew were completely untrue. I really wish this was the first time something like this had happened, but it wasn't. Unfortunately this sort of thing also led to mass embarassment or humiliation on more than one occasion.

Dammit people, swallow your pride and accept the fact that you just might be wrong! Just because -you- don't care about what others think doesn't mean that we don't.

P.S. Yeah, I know. I could be wrong too, but seriously - you'd understand if you knew who I was on about.

No comments:

Post a Comment